1.6.14

Beauty // Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation Review

As a pale girl,I absolutely hate buying foundation! It's a minefield out there when your skin slightly resembles Casper the ghost,just one shade too dark and I can end up looking like an oompa loompa. I'd been looking around the high street to see what brands offer the palest shades,and that's when I found Rimmel Match Perfection in Light Porcelain.At the moment it's in Boots for £4.99 and comes in 10 shades,so ladies (or gentleman) if you're darker skinned,you have the option of gorgeous bronze and honey shades.


























Firstly,I love that it contains SPF 18 because I'm always looking for ways to protect my skin without clogging my pores.It's in an easy to use pump bottle,and 30mls of product for only £4.99 is a pretty good deal.According to Rimmel the formulation provides "traceless coverage and perfectly flawless skin under any light".This is great for me because I work in harsh lighting,and I often don't realise that I've taken on a slight orange hue.
















When I first swatched this,I was pleased by how effortlessly it blended into my skin.It's quite a thin consistency,but it's really buildable so that you can give your skin great coverage where it needs it most.I have combination skin,and I found that it worked well on all areas of my face.It provided coverage and reduced shine on my t zone,and it didn't sink and crack into dry areas either.I haven't ever had a foundation with such a nice scent before either,it's smells really fresh and reminds me of Aloe Vera.It feels very moisturising and lightweight on my skin which I love,I can't stand that mask effect that some foundations give.The only problem I have with this is that it doesn't cover my freckles that much,but I guess I should be working to embrace them anyway! 














Excuse the weird photo,but I'm so happy with how this turned out.I used a tiny bit of Maybelline Pure Cover Mineral Concealer in Natural (£1 from Poundland) to cover a few blemishes,and then I swirled a little Miss Sporty So Clear Face Powder in Translucent (£2.99 from Superdrug) to keep it all in place and there we have it! I feel a lot more confident wearing this foundation knowing that I have even looking skin without those tell tale "tide marks".As for it's claims of lasting all day,I'd say it lasts a good 7 hours,and even then I think a quick touch of powder and you'll be good to go.So fellow pale folk and freckly sisters,if you're   looking for an affordable foundation that feels natural and offers a light to medium coverage,I would 100% recommend this!

What foundation are you currently using?






























7 comments:

  1. Looks really lovely on you! I'm also super pale so feel your pain about finding a shade :)

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks love! I know it's so frustrating,I'm surprised companies haven't realised there is a lot of us out there haha.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too have pale skin it is difficult to
    a foundation that doesn't make me look like Casper. I will have to hunt some of this out and give it a go Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys,I wasn't sure at first but when I tried it I was like,"yes this was definitely the right decision!" It's surprising how much of a difference good foundation can make.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The foundation looks great on your skin, thanks for sharing!!!! Will try this as my next foundation :-)

    Julia x

    ReplyDelete
  6. No problem at all! I hope it works well for you too :) xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from every one of you! I will always respond to every comment asap xo