26.5.14

Lifestyle // Our Honeymoon FAQ

Don't you just love going over photos that have special memories? I always try to make sure I take my camera with me everywhere to capture moments that I want to remember.The most life changing event for me so far has to be our wedding,I had so much fun writing a blog post on it which you can read here.Of course,after the wedding comes a honeymoon,so I thought get all of my photos together and share with you our first trip as Husband and Wife!













Where did you go/ How did you get there? 

We went to Cheltenham for a week as we were looking for somewhere budget friendly,and it only takes a couple of hours to get there from our hometown (travel sickness is not very romantic).Also,it means that we can visit Sam's family as that's were he hails from originally. We got a lift to the train station and as we were saying goodbye to my Grandparents, they threw confetti at us! With confetti in our hair and armed with a bag full of food (have you seen the price of train sandwiches?) we spent the hours watching the scenery go by and playing Lord Of The Rings Top Trumps.

Where did you stay?

We stayed at Sam's Gran's house and then visited his Dads for one night.I know this doesn't sound very romantic,but it is a great way to meet his family who we don't otherwise see very often,and their houses are in beautiful locations.One is in Gloucester and the other lives in Cheltenham,which was so convenient as they're only about 9 miles apart and are connected by a pretty reliable bus service.

                                                              What sights did you see?





You might recognise these corridors as parts of Gloucester Cathedral were used to film Harry Potter! We loved wandering the passageways and enjoying the peaceful atmosphere.It's a huge building with plenty of beautiful stained glass windows,which means that it's always full of people making the most of photo opportunities,it's definitely a great place for bloggers!








We didn't even know this place existed until I noticed a little alleyway that was covered in beautiful Christmas lights.This cute little shops is full of everything Beatrix Potter and tells the story of how Gloucester influenced her stories.It would be a great place to take children,or even for newlywed twenty somethings to reminisce about their childhoods!


Cheltenham is so pretty,especially in the Winter months.The streets sparkle with Christmas lights and really show of the beautiful regency buildings.It's the perfect place to go for romantic walks or for a date because there are tons of restaurants for any budget (I'm all about Wetherspoons!) At some point,we'd really like to go to the races to see what all the fuss is about.




We even managed to squeeze in a quick trip to Tewkesbury which is a cute Tudor market town.There are lots of great shops to look around and of course,we had to look to see what bargains we could find in the market (that never changes!) I think I got a little snap happy but I wanted to make sure I remembered every second of such a special time.


We had such a great time just simply spending time together without technology or TV to get in the way.It just goes to show that you don't have to go abroad to have an awesome holiday.Saying that,for our 1st year Anniversary we are thinking of going to Paris so I'd love hear people's experiences in the "City of Lights".

What was the last holiday you went on?












10 comments:

  1. My last two holidays were funnily enough to Paris. One was to (where else) but Disneyland and the other we stayed in a treehouse just outside of Paris, where we also did two days in Disney! ha, but spent the rest of the 8 days exploring Paris. The treehouse was SO amazing, I absolutely loved it, and it was a little cheaper than staying in Paris. However it got very very dark at night so I cuddled David an extra amount due to my fear of it! ha! If you want any advice, drop me a DM (I have been to Paris about 16 times! ha) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also Cheltenham looks amazing, I have never really explored England and it is now on my 'to go list!'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that sounds awesome :) I definitely think Paris is going to live up to my expectations.I could always use so recommendations so I'll be sure to ask you.I've heard that staying just outside it becomes much cheaper as Paris can get pretty expensive.

    It is! I'm hoping to go back to Cheltenham too :) Luckily,the cheaper honeymoon means we can have a more expensive anniversary trip! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos! We went to Cornwall on our honeymoon 2 years ago. It was lovely. Our last holiday was to Dorset, last year. x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! The West Country has lots to offer in the way of scenery and is definitely a cheaper option.That sounds lovely,Cornwall was always a favourite for me growing up.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a really good honey moon trip!
    Wish you lots of love, smiles and fun together, guys :)

    Lu, www.balgarka.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you very much! I'm so happy I remembered to take so many photos :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. what beautiful photos !! what a nice place to go for your honey moon ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you both had a lovely time. A good place to pick. Paris is lovely but you have to have the weather otherwise it is not that great everything is spaced out. Depends what you are looking for is very romantic Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cheltenham looks beautiful in your pics, Kim. It looks like you both had a lovely time and it's so nice to hear of people honeymooning in the UK. The last Proper Holiday we went on was a weekend away in Yorkshire for our wedding anniversary. It was lush!

    Lovely to meet you on Saturday xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from every one of you! I will always respond to every comment asap xo