21.4.14

My day in pictures // Bank Holiday farm trip


I've been trying to get outside more this weekend! I always find I feel much happier and more balanced when I get out in the fresh air.This time we headed over to Totnes Rare Breeds farm which is a popular attraction this time of year.I love it because there are plenty of places to sit and watch the world go by,as well as various rare and farm animals to feed and pet.It's pretty reasonably priced too,adult tickets are £5.95 and children's are £4.50.

It's a good couple of miles away from where I live,so we decided to make the most of the weather and walk along the Village cycle path.It's very popular with dog walkers (I always get to meet some adorable pets!) and I love to watch the sun dance through the trees.





This beautiful owl was the first animal I saw when I came in and what a way to start! His handler was getting him to show us his wings and he was so obedient and affectionate.I love seeing animals and humans having positive and happy relationships.

There are plenty of owls to look at and I just had to get a picture of this little guy.He looks like he's up to something, but he looks adorable nonetheless.

I would hazard a guess that these Alpacas are considered a rare breed as I never see them wandering the countryside.You get a bag of feed when you enter and this one wanted all of it! They're really interesting animals that are very curious about people and their pockets.Most Alpacas don't spit either,which I am very grateful for.This little fellow is called Cappuccino which makes him even cuter!

If you like cute farm animals then you won't be dissapointed as there are lots of little chicks and ducklings to watch waddle about.

This trip definitely makes me want to life the "Good Life" and have a field full of animals! I'd really recommend this to any animal and nature lovers.You can spend a good few hours in there and there is a little cafe to visit if you get hungry.

Most areas have a local farm you can visit,they're really eye opening and a great way to support your conservation and welfare programs.Even Cities have got in on the act and offer various pet and wildlife farms.


What have you been doing this Bank Holiday?































3 comments:

  1. Aw it looks like you had a great weekend! All those animals are so cute <3
    Great post! :-)
    www.fairytalesandlittlewhitelies.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a bit of a shock when i scrolled down and there were these two massive red/orange eyes looking at me haha. Whenever I see owls the first thing that pops into my mind is harry potter, always ;p Those ducklings are so cute and fluffy! Great photos and it looks like great fun :) x
    | Life as a Petite |

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank guys! I normally don't think to go to things that are right outside my doorstep, but I'm glad I did.If only I could have a pet owl,failing that I would settle for an alpaca haha.xx

    whimsicalmrsw.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from every one of you! I will always respond to every comment asap xo