12.4.14

Poundland bargains // Rimmel Glam'eyes Quad Eye shadow review

I love neutral eye colours because they're so versatile and easy to wear.A simple smokey eye is my go to evening make up,but I don't often wear eye shadows because of work, so I don't tend to spend too much! Poundland seem to have lots of Rimmel products on offer at the moment,so I quickly grabbed this Glam'Eyes Quad Eye shadow in Smokey Noir.I could only find this one,but I know that Rimmel do 9 other quads in various shades.

I love the simple fuss free packaging,and that you get four shades for the princely sum of £1!I don't use the applicator they give you as I find it doesn't really help with blending,but the colours go on smoothly and blend well with my Eco Tools brush.There's quite a lot of product in each pan and I have noticed that it does stay on my eyes for a long time,I'd say a good 5 hours so it's well worth it.


 I love that they have a little guide on the back,as I'm terrible at knowing what to put where.Also,it gives you tips on how to achieve subtle or more dramatic eye looks.I was very impressed that there wasn't a lot of fall out onto my face,it stayed put and gave my eyelids a really pretty and subtle colour.I like to use shade 2 for a simple day time look with some black liquid liner.


Shades 2 & 3 aren't very visible from the photo,but they looks lovely on the eye.All of the colours are really wearable and complement each other well.

Shade 1:-  A neutral medium grey perfect for a subtle smokey eye base.
Shade 2:- My favourite of the quad,it's a beautiful dove grey that's buildable for a stronger look
Shade 3 :- A pale shimmery white/grey which is a great highlighter.It doesn't look glittery either,so if you're after a matte finish this is the one.
Shade 4:- A deep black colour which is very pigmented and is wonderful for creating more dramatic looks.


I would really recommend this quad to people who want a fun but effective product that isn't going to cost the Earth.This would be a really good introduction to eye shadows or the smokey eye look because it's easy to use and goes through all of the steps with you.I keep them on for a long time and they don't cause any irritation either,so I imagine this would suit people with sensitive skin or contact lens wearers.I'm definitely going to keep my eyes open to see if Poundland are stocking any more.

What eyeshadows are you wearing at the moment? 
















2 comments:

  1. What an absolute bargain! I also love Rimmel eyeshadows and own a couple of their quads.

    Laura x | Life and Lipstick

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're really good quality,I'm hoping that Poundland will stock more colours :) x

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from every one of you! I will always respond to every comment asap xo