7.3.14

How to take care of your inner child



I think the date of this picture is a bit inaccurate,I would have been the world's smallest 7 year old! I think I was about 2 years old,I'm not sure if people can remember back that far (including me),but most people have such fond memories of their childhood.As we grow up,I think we tend to forget the little things that bring us joy.We face difficulties and situations that we are so often oblivious to as children.Adults can over think things,letting the worries of the world rest on their shoulders.I've come up with some tips to help bring us back to those simpler times!

Colour outside the lines

I don't mean just with colouring in either! Children aren't afraid to get things wrong.Try a create something,maybe a sculpture or a lovely cake,if it isn't perfect,does it matter? Remember when you were a child and you make something for someone,and you would be so proud! Bring back that feeling with some creativity.

Take a nap

Obviously only do this one if you can! I don't think the boss would appreciate it.When you have some spare time,get your comfiest blankets and cushions out and have a rest.Not only is this a great way for your body to recharge,studies have shown that they actually increase alertness and make you feel good!

Find joy in the smallest things

Remember watching the raindrops on the window,and seeing which one won the race to the bottom? How about when you would put on your wellies and splash in the puddles? To children,everything is a chance to learn and experience.Do something you love.Go and play with your animals or just doodle in a notebook.It may seem frivolous,but doing these little things can really help you let off steam and see the bigger picture.

Go outside

As a child,the outside was amazing! It could be whatever you wanted it to be,and you could run around for hours,never tiring of energy.Getting outside and reconnecting with the world around you,whether going for a run or just sitting in a park,is a great way to blow out the cobwebs and feel refreshed.

Of course,we all have to return back to adulthood.However,it's a good idea to take the memories and experiences you had as a child, to help you to become a more carefree and happier person!

What do you like to do to take care of your inner child?

4 comments:

  1. I love this post, - thank you - recently I rehomed 6 hens, each day I scatter corn for them, feed them kitchen scraps and collect the eggs, - so very basic, but so very grounding, simple and fun, and its my time and my space x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a lovely way to spend your time,very rewarding I'm sure! It's amazing how easy it is to forget the little things,but it feels so good when you reconnect. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great post, I don't think I do enough to look after my inner child.
    As adults we get so busy worrying about work and bills. I have a clear memory of walking through a huge puddle outside my old house when I was about 6, thinking it was fab - this post just reminded me of that! Every now and again (not very often) I do play The Sims! Me and my sister played it from being about 11 years old when the first one was out, its nice to play the newer ones from time to time to relax - that's definitely my inner child!
    Also the naps sound good to me!
    Rachel
    StrawberrySundaes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much! :) The Sims is a great game,and if it helps you relax then even better! I agree,when you're a child,everything is exciting! Getting back that enthusiasm really helps.It's surprising how a little me time can really change your mood. xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from every one of you! I will always respond to every comment asap xo